The Parochial Church Council or PCC, is the executive body of a Church of England parish. It is constituted as a body corporate by the Church Representation Rules set out in Schedule 3 to the Synodical Government Measure 1969, and consists of the clergy and churchwardens of the parish, together with a number of representatives of the laity elected by the annual parochial church meeting of the parish. Its powers and duties are defined by certain Acts of Parliament and other legislation, principally the Parochial Church Councils (Powers) Measure 1956. It has the responsibility of co-operating with the priest in charge in promoting the mission of the Church in its parish.
Formally, the PCC is responsible for the financial affairs of the Church and the care and maintenance of the church fabric and its contents. These latter responsibilities are executed by churchwardens. It also has a voice in the forms of Service used by the church and may make representations to the bishop on matters affecting the welfare of the parish.
PCCs were set up in 1919 as a successor to the vestries, which had had their civil functions removed in 1894 with the establishment of civil parishes.
Members of the PCC
Fr. David Lyon (Vicar and Chairman)
Colin Miller (Churchwarden)
Mark Rae (Churchwarden)
Richard Baker (Treasurer)
Angela Astley (Secretary)
Peter Gittins (Deanery Synod and Reader)
Joan Johnson (Reader)
Sylvia Horner (PCC and Deanery Synod for one year)
Susan Rose (Deanery Synod for one year: ex officio)
Denise Duke (Under 18's Co-ordinator)
Margaret Hill (Verger)
The Parochial Church Council Of The Ecclesiastical Parish Of St Anne (Heyhouses), St Annes-On-Sea, Lancashire is a Registered Charity (England and Wales) Number 1155188.