The Parish Rooms are situated opposite the Church on the corner of Headroomgate Road and Oxford Road.
They offer the following facilities:
- A large hall upstairs, with a stage and a hatch to the upstairs kitchen.
- Two large rooms (“Room 1” & “Room 2”) downstairs, one with a hatch to the downstairs kitchen.
- A meeting room.
- Ladies’ and Gents’ toilets.
- A separate toilet with facilities for the disabled and baby changing facilities.
The Parish rooms are accessed by steps or a ramp and there is a car park to the front. A lift enables easy access to the upstairs hall.
The Parish Rooms are used for Church related activities, and a number of Church groups, Rainbows/Brownies/Guides, Baby & Toddler group, St Annes Parish Operatic & Dramatic Society and local community/dance/sports groups etc. meet here.
The premises are available for letting.
To download a copy of the Parish Rooms Risk Assessment click here.
During the present crisis special conditions apply to the hiring of rooms. The relevant information may be found in the following documents.
The Parish Rooms were built in 1911, so 2011 marked their centenary.
The photograph below is believed to show the foundation stone being laid. You can see the Church Tower in the background.
“A Short History of St Annes Parish Rooms” may be downloaded below.
The laying of the foundation stone, July 9th 1910